Hiya, In KDE's ongoing struggle to handle URLs right the existence of RFC2396 might be an outcome. Up till now it seems we used to rely on RFC1738. (At least I did) Abstract A Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) is a compact string of characters for identifying an abstract or physical resource. This document defines the generic syntax of URI, including both absolute and relative forms, and guidelines for their use; it revises and replaces the generic definitions in RFC 1738 and RFC 1808. Cheers, Waldo -- KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today http://www.kde.org