List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: using unicode in khtml
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-05-17 15:39:47

Waldo Bastian wrote:

> Lars Knoll wrote:
> > > Or is <HEAD></HEAD> optional? I don't think so.
> >
> > It is. And so is <body>...
>
> That would make it something like:
>
> while(tag_is_header_tag) process_header_tag;
>
> With header tags being HEAD/TITLE/META.... anything else? STYLE?

Talking about style. For CSS we might need to fetch the stylesheet
first before parsing the HTML.

So ideally we need something like:

* Parse header, determine charset and stylesheet, start
downloading stylesheet
* Start tokenizing
* When stylesheet becomes available start parsing

Tokenizing and parsing are continuous processes, they end when
the end of the HTML has been reached. However, we don't wait
for all HTML before we start parsing.

(We should also get rid of these "blocking tokens" in the
tokenizer)

Cheers,
Waldo

http://www.kde.org