List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: kdebase/konqueror
From:       Nicolas Brodu <brodu () iie ! cnam ! fr>
Date:       1999-05-15 18:45:54

On Sat, 15 May 1999, Simon Hausmann wrote :

>I tried to follow your changes, but cvs diff -r1.11 -r1.12 shows me only
>one deleted line :-)

False alarm here.

I just added 2 lines of debug code in kbrowser because I needed to know why
smb:/ is OK and smb:// isn't. They are both valid KURLs, but somehow smb://
isn't accepted in another module I could not find. (If someone knows...)

I removed those lines after, but must have deleted a blank one together with
them (your line in diff).

As for the changelog, since I commited changes for smb.cc from kdebase, cvs
detected this "new" version and put the same message log ! Next time I'll do it
from kdebase/kioslave/smb...

>What did you change then to add support for smb password through a dialog
>box? Any why in kbrowser? (to me this sounds like something for libkio,
>or?)

When a service needs a password, or when a user want to log on a SMB server, a
message is displayed saying what should be entered (user name or password).

That's why there is a dialog box in kio_smb. I took the code from
the passworddialog class, and adapted it so that it's possible to show/hide
what the user types depending on wether this is a username or a password.
(check... Oops, I have to use this feature now... Another commit... done !)

There are still 2 bugs : the dialog box doesn't adapt its size to the message,
so sometimes it's not large enough, and it doesn't get the focus.

Nicolas Brodu, brodu@iie.cnam.fr
Eleve-Ingenieur 2eme annee (Institut d'Informatique d'Entreprise)
  http://www-eleves.iie.cnam.fr/brodu (smblib)
KDE developer, brodu@kde.org
  http://www.kde.org, Color outside the lines !