List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: More on KIOListProgressDlg
From:       Matt Koss <koss () napri ! sk>
Date:       1999-05-05 9:46:44

On Ut, 04 máj 1999, you wrote:
>> I tracked it down to the fact that it finds a KIOListProgressDlg
>> KTMainWindow, even though I couldn't see anything like this. I just opened
>> konqueror, so it runs a list job, but there is no dialog. It seems wrong to
>> me to build the dialog if it isn't used - Matt can you check that ?
>>
>> I get this :
>>
>> [WindowProperties2]
>> ClassName=KIOListProgressDlg
>> StatusBar=Disabled
>> KTWGeometry=8+256+230+460+150+256+230+460+150+0+0+0+1
>> ToolBar1=Disabled;Top
>
>More on this.
>I still don't know why
>1) my second window is not saved
>2) the listprogress dialog is built on startup
>
>BUT : I don't think a KIOListProgressDlg should be a KTMainWindow
>- I checked kio_listprogress_dlg.h, it _is_.
>Why ?
>Because a dialog is not an application main window.
>For instance, showing this dialog for an application which doesn't support
>session management would enable SM for it !
>And if shown for an app that has unsaved data, then this unsaved data is lost.
>
>This is because ktmainwindow.cpp does :
>
>// If the application does not yet have a top widget, make it this one
>    setUnsavedData(false);
>    if( !kapp->topWidget() ){
>      kapp->setTopWidget( this );
>      kapp->enableSessionManagement();
>      connect(kapp, SIGNAL(saveYourself()), SLOT(saveYourself()));
>    }
>
>Matt, can you change the base class of KIOListProgressDlg - I can't do it,
>I don't even know how to test it (yet) ;)

Of course I will change it.
KIOListProgressDialog is just in a starting phase, I didn't finish it and I
want to rewrite it ASAP.
I just needed toolbar and statusbar, and that's why I have used KTMainWindow.

But AFAIK in kiojob, there is used SIMPLE progress dialog as default. Oh, yes,
listprogress is created in initStatic().

I will look at it ASAP.

Regards
		Matt

--