List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: kio_smb in progress...
From:       Nicolas Brodu <brodu () iie ! cnam ! fr>
Date:       1999-05-05 8:06:04

On Wed, 05 May 1999, Alex Zepeda wrote :
>On Mon, 3 May 1999, Nicolas Brodu wrote:
>
>> I commited today a kio_smb, only read-only for now.
>>
>> I've tested libsmb only under x86 Linux & FreeBSD, and alpha/OSF3, so it's
>> disabled by default (configure --with-libsmb to activate it).
>
>FWIW, I got zip, zilch, nada, nothing, out of the smb slave.
>But it sure looks interesting :)
>
>- alex

Hmmm, interesting !

This might sound silly, but is kio_smb compiled ?
I mean, you have to compile kdesupport --with-libsmb and only then kdebase
autodetects SMBIO.h installed and compiles kio_smb.

More serious, what system are you running on ?

Last tip : kio_smb doesn't receive smb:// as a valid URL (have to hack
konqueror/kio/KURL/whatever), so please use smb://host or smb://workgroup as a
starting point.

Nicolas Brodu, brodu@iie.cnam.fr
Eleve-Ingenieur 2eme annee (Institut d'Informatique d'Entreprise)
  http://www-eleves.iie.cnam.fr/brodu (smblib)
KDE developer, brodu@kde.org
  http://www.kde.org, Color outside the lines !