List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: popup menus
From:       Matt Koss <koss () napri ! sk>
Date:       1999-04-13 8:59:54

On Ne, 11 apr 1999, Simon Hausmann wrote:
>Ok, well, we already discussed this on #kde, but here I can reply a little
>more detailed about what I think about the popup menus.
>
>Perhaps one additional entry:
>In case of http/ftp/other_protocols?perhaps_smb? I'd like to see a "save
>document/url/or_whatever_it_is" ("save as...") entry.
>
>But when this is in libkio it requires that either
>a) the data is available via the ioslaves
>or
>b) the popupmenu-caller handles this (the transfer)
>
>I like b) more. Perhaps we could just "tell" the caller "Hey, there will
>be a save-as entry in the menu, make sure you can handle this" and the
>caller can accept/reject the creation of the menu entry?
>
>( b) would also enable us to use Caitoo for the transfer in Konqueror)

We should make a distinction between a.) "Save as "  and  b.) "Save link as"

a.) is meant for stuff that we are already viewing in konqy, like source of
     HTML page or some picture on this page.
     This function should then manipulate with cache and not do any transfer.

b.) this is a well known function from e.g. netscape and it should start the
    transfer in konqy ( either start a slave or ask caitoo for doing it )

I am not saying that these two function could not be merged together into one
"Save as" method.
But IMO it would be probably good idea to keep these two separate.

Regards

		Matt

--
Matej Koss	e-mail: koss@napri.sk