List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: A possible bug ( Array out of bounds ) in kfmipc.cpp ?
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-04-12 14:06:42

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999, Simon Hausmann wrote:

To me it looks like a dream ;-)

Well, have a look at write_int() :
sprintf( buffer, "%i ", _value );

See the space after the integer?

Now you know... :-)

Or am I wrong?

Well, you are right if we just look at this on face value.  But there is a
possibility the space is stripped off elsewhere.  Moreover,  unless I am
dreaming again :-) adding a check for '\0' in the while loop will not change
any thing except ensuring we won't attempt to read beyond the upper-bound of
the array.

Later,
Dawit A.