List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: popup menus
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-04-12 12:02:58

On Mon, Apr 12, 1999 at 01:57:59AM -0400, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> Oh and one last thing.  I know this is probably resolved in konquerer as David
> is aware of it, but just the same I will mention it here.  There is code duplication
> in the current kfm when it comes to popup menus.  The current design have duplicate
> SlotCopy, SlotMove, SlotMoveToTrash, SlotDelete member functions for the menu
> items under the Edit-> and the same items under the popup menus.  This was not
> really necessary at all.  I  am cleaning this up but am afraid it will not make it into
> the KDE 1.1.1.

Dawit, don't do unnecessary work !
Of course, I'm working on avoiding duplication as much as possible in konqueror.
Don't change kfm. It's going to be released VERY soon, and then it's dead.

OTOH, feel free to implement Copy/Cut/Paste/... in konqueror.
kpopupmenu.cc contains the popupmenu code.
It should be only very small calls to kio_paste methods.
The Edit menu slots will do the same calls. All the real code is not
duplicated.

--
David FAURE
david.faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org