List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: copy/move strategy and the reincarnation of the kfm tree
From:       weis () stud ! uni-frankfurt ! de
Date:       1999-04-02 21:02:06

Hi,

On Fri, 2 Apr 1999, David Faure wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 02, 1999 at 10:33:03PM +0200, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> >
> > > IMHO the view management options should be:
> > >
> > > Split vertically
> > > Split horizontally
> > > Remove
> >
> > I agree.
>
> In terms of user interface, I totally agree.
> But with QSplitter's current API, this is not possible.
> The new view is either completely on the left, or on the right (or on the
> top, or on the bottom). Splitting involves adding a new view next to the
> current view, and that's not possible currently.
>
> [I reported this to TT, but with no success yet]

This is Pauls job and I bomb him every day with QLayout bugs. Dont expect
him to fix QSplitter API very soon.

But here is the workaround from hell: I did not test it, but perhaps ...

Hide all views, reparent them to the desktop, delete the QSplitter.
Create a new QSplitter and reparent the views in the correct order to
the qsplitter. I think that it should work ... but if it works dont
tell anybody that this ugly idea cam from me :-)

Bye
Torben