List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: text viewing
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-04-01 20:06:50

On Thu, 1 Apr 1999, Sven Radej wrote:

> On Thu, 01 Apr 1999, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> (...)
> >I think that's all a text viewer should be able to do, right? :)
> >But what else can a HTML widget give us?
> >Ah, perhaps hyperlink capability?  Yes, this sounds interesting IMHO...
> >OTOH this would be slower than QMultiLineEdit: Converting a whole text
> >into readable HTML, parse for links, HTML parsing time (although khtml
> >seems to be very fast) .
> Intercepting links (like http://..., ftp:// and me@there (with or without
> mailto:, like kmail does )would be very nice. Also if khtml is too slow for big
> text files we might break long texts into smaller "pages" with links "next",
> "previous", etc.

I think breaking text files into small pages is not a good idea, I guess
it will look very confusing to the user...
But if someone has really too much time he could write a smart Widget,
derived from QMultiLineEdit, being capable to handle links... ;-)
I think this is a compromise, or? What do you think?

Ciao,
 Simon