List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: text viewing
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-04-01 11:29:43

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Sven Radej wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Simon Hausmann wrote:
> (...)
> >But in case of Konqueror I think it's sufficient to have a builtin viewer
> >(and just like every feature: turn it of if you don't want it) with the
> >following advantages:
> > a) fast
> > b) small, simple
> > c) not bloated (QMultiLineEdit is your friend :)
> >   (for example I don't think we really need syntax highlighting for fast
> >    text viewing in konqy. Well, of course it would be nice, but is it
> >    really important? opinions are welcome :)
>
> I'd prefer just pumping it into HTML widget. What else can QMultiLineEdit give
> you? You can read, you can search, you can save it, and ok, if you really want
> to edit it you can request  editor to open it.

I think that's all a text viewer should be able to do, right? :)
But what else can a HTML widget give us?
Ah, perhaps hyperlink capability?  Yes, this sounds interesting IMHO...
OTOH this would be slower than QMultiLineEdit: Converting a whole text
into readable HTML, parse for links, HTML parsing time (although khtml
seems to be very fast) .
What do you think? Other advantages by using a HTML widget?
Use it as optional feature perhaps?

Greetings,
 Simon