List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: KFM Error
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-03-30 15:12:52

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Alex Zepeda wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Matt Koss wrote:
>
> > E.g user could want to use Netscape for displaying some
> > http://aaa.bbb.cc/XXXXX.html file, but he might want to use kget for doing the
> > transfer of some http://aaa.bb.cc/XXXXX.tgz file.
> >
> > That's why I think that this plugin stuff needs to be rethinked very carefully.
>
> That's why we've got mime types.  We should be able to define a program to
> be associated with certian mime types.  However, all telnet:// URIs should
> probably map to one single mime type...

Since we are already able to do such associations I like your idea of
mapping a certain protocol to a mime type.
The corresponding changes in KRun should be trivial, the question/problem
is IMHO more like: Where do we configure this mapping? kio.kfg and
mimelnk?

Or are there any other ideas/suggestions of how to handle such "slaveless"
protocols?

Greetings,
 Simon