List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: kio_linedit and kurlcompletion
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-03-24 15:07:00

On Wed, Mar 24, 1999 at 03:48:54PM +0100, Matt Koss wrote:

> I suggest to move two classes KLineEditDlg and KURLCompletion from kiolib
> to kdecore or kdeui . They have general purpose and don't depend on anything
> else from kiolib.
>
> KLineEditDlg is a simple one line dialog which is very useful for asking for
> filename or anything else.
> It does an optional url completion, that's why it need also class
> KURLCompletion.
>
> One line dialog is useful in may situations and is not bound to IO stuff or to
> file manager.

I agree.
kdeui, not kdecore, since they are UI classes.

What's more, there is a class (DlgLocation) in kfmlib which has
the same purpose (but is very old and featureless), which we should remove
(if not the whole kfmlib !)
Source compatibility is not required for 2.0 ;)

--
David FAURE
david.faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org