List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: including konqueror.idl
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-03-23 14:49:59

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, Matt Koss wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to include konqueror.idl in kget.idl
>
> But as I look in the include/idl directory, there is only konqueror.idl and not
> konqueror.h file.
> All files in idl directory has .idl and .h file except konqueror.idl.
>
> I guess that this is only bug in Makefile.am.
> Without konqueror.h I will not be able to compile kget.

A single installed konqueror.h won't help you, konqueror.cc is required as
well.

Insert in your Makefile.am:

IDL_FLAGS = --query-server-for-narrow --relative-paths -I$(idldir)

konqueror.cc: konqueror.h
konqueror.h: $(idldir)/konqueror.idl
           $(IDL) $(IDL_FLAGS) $(idldir)/konqueror.idl

This will help :-)

BTW, in regard to getting a reference to the mainview (for installing an
eventFilter) :
Konqueror writes the IOR of the mainview in $HOME/.konqueror.ior .
Just read it and do a

CORBA::Object_var obj = komapp_orb->string_to_object(
string_containing_the_IOR_of_the_mainview );
Konqueror::MainView_var mainView = Konqueror::MainView::_narrow( obj );

(but a KOM::Base_var might be sufficient as well)

Greetings,
 Simon