List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: KMultiPanner
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-03-22 21:42:46

After fighting some more with QSplitter, I have another thought about KMultiPanner...
;)

> Known problems:
> - rubber band of nested splitters is not drawn
My English is very bad. What's rubber band ?

> - children can only be added to a splitter at first or at last (this is a
> limitation imposed by the qt-api)
I wanted to ask you : is there any way to remove this limitation ?
QSplitter is very annoying because of that, and if there is a way to make
KMultiPanner add children at any position, that would be great.

BTW, anyone knows who's working on KSplitter ? I heard something like that
on kde-devel, but no name was given, IIRC.

In fact, I still don't think we need the complexity of KMultiPanner - the
user interface for splitters already includes lots of options (add row,
delete view, ...), the one for KMultiPanner would include far too much IMHO.
But on the other hand, what we need is a full-featured splitter, be it
a future QSplitter, the vaporware KSplitter, or a modified version of KMultiPanner.

--
David FAURE
david.faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org