List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: kfm not resolving URI correctly
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-03-21 23:02:00

[snipped]
>> > But //slashdot.org will leave you with the protool slashdot
>>
>> Unless you had a file /slashdot.org on your computer, and then it would
>> read that.. then it would look for the protocol "slashdot", if that
>> doesn't exist, it would try an http connection.
>>
>> Or am I just talking in circles again?
>
>Please, everybody, don't mix the problems.
>Recognising what the USER enters is in the process of being fixed (I'll
>commit Dawit's patch as soon as I have time to test it - tomorrow).
>
>The problem here is about LINKS.
>It seems that a link to "//www.kde.org" is a valid one. If it's true, we
>have to do something about it.
>
>Don't mix issues !!

David, my appologies.  You are correct in saying that we should not mix issues
since in this particular case they have to be handeled differently.  In fact, I
think they have to be solved as suggested by Torben, which is in KURL.
However, I want you to know that the issue is still valid if the user chooses
the URL stated above in the location box.

Greetings,
Dawit A.