List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: random kioslave thought....
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-03-19 4:38:58

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Alex Zepeda wrote:
>After, finally getting over this cold, I had some time to think about
>WebDAV support, and started examining some of the slotCopy code in both
>the file and http slaves.  I noticed there's quite a few checks to make
>sure that the dest url is a local URL...
>
>But, why not have a "write/put/whatever" slot... and make the kioslave
>base class have a dummy copy slot that opens one read slave and connects
>it to the write slave of another slot..  Obviously the "write" slot would
>handle the whole checking if the file existed and so forth.  But this
>would make things so much easier, and remove a lot of possibly duplicated
>code.. and allow you to save to oh http://foo.bar.com/~user/blah.txt.....
>
>- alex

This must one hell of a coincidence, because I was also thinking the same thing
after running into this today.  I think adding WebDAV support to kioslave would
be great as it would instantly provide any app an easy way of allowing its
user to collaborate and manage files remotely.  Anyway, I am all for this.

Cheers,
Dawit A.