List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Short URL support for KFM & Quick Mini Command Box
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-03-03 23:32:40

On Wed, 03 Mar 1999, David Faure wrote:
>On Tue, Mar 02, 1999 at 06:23:14PM -0500, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
>> On Tue, 02 Mar 1999, David Faure wrote:
>> [snipped]
>> >This is about selecting trash + some other urls, isn't it ?
>> Yes it is.  The patch I have fixes this problem i.e. you will not get
>> the MoveToTrash popup/menu item if the trash can is part of the selection
>> or if you are in the trash folder.
>Hmm. You seem to forget that this patch has already been applied.
>(Just tested) Ah. The second part of it only : move to trash doesn't appear
>for items in the trash can. However, selecting the trash can + some other
>URLs still show "move to trash".

Ahhhh. You see what I mean.  Selecting Trash can and This is a problem with
the isTrash ( QStrList ) function. It does not iterate over the range of URL's,
but rather just over the first one as it cousin isTrash ( const char *) !
Check your email for this patch please.  Be careful,  it also contains the
patch for the New->/Up/Back/Forward popup menu mentioned below.  I think you
might have already fixed and committed the patch for this ??!!

>> Also, somehow related to this subject is the New->/Up/Back/Forward popup menu
>> items showing when you right click on a Folder icon.  IMHO, this should not be
>> the case.  Instead, they should show up only when the user clicks the RMB on
>> the background.  This is a simple fix.
>Oh, that's right. Shouldn't appear.
>Fixed.
>
>> I already have the patches for the things I mentioned here.  However,  it
>> lacks the cut feature as of yet ; so I wanted to wait until I put that
>> feature back in before I sent that patch to you.
>Please don't.
>Better have incremental patches than one big do-it-all.
>I'd prefer to review a patch that fixes isTrash() [check for other bit of
>code calling isTrash() !], then another [big] patch about
>slotCopy/slotPopupCopy/...
>and then, once this is all fixed, the Cut option.
>Otherwise it's too easy to break things, with a big all-in-one patch very
>hard to review...

Ohhh believe me I know about this.  I did not mean it like that.  I always do my
patches in small specific files and put them in compressed archive.  This is what
I meant. But I rather we digest one thing at a time like you suggested so I will mail
you my patch.  Look for it in your mail.

Cheers,
Dawit A.