List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: KFMIII or KFMII?
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-03-01 17:56:03

On Mon, 01 Mar 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:
>René Beutler wrote:
>> Wait, wait. Although kdehelp and konquerror both have in common, that they
>> browse docs, their purpose are totally different. At the moment, those apps are
>> similar, but this will change, as kdehelp will be extended with full text
>> search, a content browser, new HTML tags (eg. URL's for widgets) etc.
>>
>> Matthias Elter and myself are working on this, you might want to have a look at
>> http://www.linuxbox.com/~khelpcenter.
>>
>> Why blowing konquerror? Apart from this, you would have to change tool- and
>> menubars for file/help mode, which IMHO would be strange and irritate new users.
>
>[Please read kdebase/konqueror/DESIGN for reference before replying to
>this mail]
>
>I think we should aim for seamless integration between kdehelp and
>konqueror. Let
>me explain what I mean (This is how _I_ think it _should_ be):
>
>kdehelp and konqueror will be seperate applications. Konqueror will be a
>"browse
>everything" kind of application. If it finds a link or file it can't
>browse itself
[...]

Waldo, I can't help myself but I'm seriously afraid that you all make us become
small sheep (greetings to your nice dog) .
;-)))

That's all I can say (beside "I fully agree. And you could be a lawyer
defending Konqueror design at court") .

Ciao,
 Simon

P.S.: When do kde-sheep get sheared? ;)

--
Simon Hausmann - Tronical^Colorfast - <tronical@gmx.net> - IRCNet #colorfast

we have joy, we have fun, we have linux on our sun