List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: edit/view menu or just the view menu?
From:       Michael Reiher <michael.reiher () gmx ! de>
Date:       1999-02-24 17:53:10

Simon Hausmann wrote:

> I was wondering what menu's a Konqueror View may create then:
> (1) either just the view menu
> (2) or perhaps the edit menu as well (->both menus)
> (3) or what else?
>
> IMHO we should go for (2).
Would it be possible for other views, besides kfm views and HTML view,
to export more then that (This time I mean only views derived from
KonqView, eg the famouse mail view)?

> And how about the toolbars?
> (1) May a Konqueror View create anything toolbar related at all?
> (2) Or may it just create additional entries (optional) beside the standard ones
> in the main toolbar?
> (3) Or may it event create own toolbars?
>
> IMHO we should go for (2).
I donīt know what Items we define as basic, but some of them might be
nonsense for special views (eg Copy, Cut and Paste for a ps viewer).
Perhaps we could define a basic set and let the view choose which of
them it wants and then display them. There could be a set of flags. This
way we can ensure always the same order and position of the basic
buttons and after that the view can than add itī own. Same would
actually also apply for the menus, because items like Cut and Paste will
probably be part of the standard set.

--
Michael Reiher
     Student at Dresden University of Technology