List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: konqygui
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () insa-lyon ! fr>
Date:       1999-02-18 17:59:47

Simon, I'm now fully convinced about first proposal. Your additional
reflexions (in the mail I'm replying to), and my going through some koffice
code this morning, decided me for it.

And with "part child mode", I understand better what you want to do. For
instance, the point I missed up to now was :

> Yes, buttth: If you would embedd a KonqMainView into KoShell you'd still have a
> Konqueror like the current one is :-)
> (now "using" proposal ONE)

So KfmGui is a "real part", a normal one, and konqviews are part-childs.
It makes sense a lot.

Well done for all this good thinking.

> I'm glad that I can't find _any_ missing statement, everything is included,
> that's fantastic! Thanks!
> (perhaps only Waldo's "html-inside-sticker" and
> "konqueror-home-order-television-ads" statements, which were very funny!!!
> :-))))
Right, I didn't want to interfer in the good reflexion lead in those big
mails, but now that we came up with something, we deserve some very good
ones from Waldo :) :

(tronical = Simon ; Zogje = Waldo ; you guessed the third one)

tronical :which inherits from KonqView, which is a part
tronical :so he can controll the html-view through ONE single interface
tronical :he can do all the stuff he wants through _one_ interface
tronical :in contrary to the second proposal:
Zogje >  :we should patent this
tronical :patent what?
Zogje >  :and run tv-ads for it...
tronical ::-))
Zogje >  :"Yes Mike, it is amazing, all this with only one interface!"
tronical :hehehe
Zogje >  :it cleans the floor too!
tronical :muhaha!!
tronical :ROTFL
dfaure > ::)))))))
tronical :"order now!"
Zogje >  :get the second one free!
tronical :"call 0800-KDE-KONQUEROR"

and :

tronical :so one tells KonqPart (via it's interface)
tronical :to create a html-view inside
tronical :(inside=inside of KonqPart)
tronical :now one would have to call a very-special-not-yet-named method of KonqPart
--> Zogje makes stickers with "html-view inside" to put on computers....
tronical :-)))))
---> tronical buys this sticker ("order now! call 0800-ZOGJES-STICKERS")

|  David FAURE                                                       |
|  E-mail : David.Faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org                  |
|  http://www.insa-lyon.fr/People/AEDI/dfaure/index.html             |