List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: konqygui
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-02-18 16:18:26

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Michael Reiher wrote:
>David Faure wrote:
>>
>[very large snip]
>
>To bring the current discussion to one point: Wouldn´t all those
>problems be obsolete if we use some intelligent menu merging or dynamic
>menu building to avoid the menu rebuilt including heavy flickering on
>view change?
>No need for neither a sub-kind-of-gui-hidden-focus mode nor specially
>treated kfm views or stuff like that.
>Or do I completly miss something?

Well, the answer to the first question is: No.
This is due to the fact that the menu-merging is not the actual problem, the
real problem is that every time the active part changes, the mainwindow gets
notified about this and therefore usually rebuilds the *bars (see one of my
previous mails about a depper explanation about the event-handling and the
*bar-managers) . And in regard to this problem I think I've found a solution
which is quite nothing else than what I called "sub-kind-of-gui-hidden-focus",
though I renamed it to "part child <-> part parent" ;-)
-> I'd like to implement a kind of child mode for parts, because currently all
parts are kind of "equal", meaning parts can't have part children. And that's
what I 'd like to change
(see my other mail to Torben about this (I cc'ed it here into kfm-devel))

>Michael

Greetings,
 Simon

--
Simon Hausmann - Tronical^Colorfast - <tronical@gmx.net> - IRCNet #colorfast

we have joy, we have fun, we have linux on our sun