List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: kfm and mimetypes
From:       Teodor Romeo Mihai <teddy () piercom ! ie>
Date:       1999-02-18 12:19:26

David Faure wrote:

> Ok, I had another look at the KRegistry class.
>
> The right thing to do seems to be
>
> Includes :
> #include <kregistry.h>
> #include <kregfactories.h>
>
> At startup :
> registry = new KRegistry;
> registry->addFactory( new KMimeTypeFactory );
> registry->load( );
> KMimeMagic::initStatic();
>
> Then you can use the KMimetype::find... methods.

KRegistry::load is not implemented (just returns FALSE).
KMimeType::find methods are useful only for determining a mimetype, and
not for finding applications associated with a mimetype - and this is
what I want. However, I will look deeper into
KRegistry/KMimeTypeFactory, and if I can find any method for finding
applications I'll let you know.

Thanks for helping.