List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Poor-man's integration
From:       Andrew Morton <andrewm () uow ! edu ! au>
Date:       1999-02-15 14:35:25

Bear with me here...

I'm still seeking ways to integrate KDE-naive applications with KDE.

For example, I want to select an identifier in Kedit and look that
identifier up in the source code cross-reference database (using
netscape). I can't drag-n-drop into netscape.  (I can't drap-n-drop
selected text in KDE apps anyway.  This seems counter-intuitive).

So I currently have a little program.kdelnk which executes the
following:

bash -c "nso http://localhost/lxr/ident?i=`xcb -S 0 ; xcb -p 0`"

where 'nso' is a 'netscape -remote' frontend.

This works quite nicely, but would be cleaner if the use of xcb could be
removed.

So.... could we add another option to KFM's 'Execute' string which
represents to current primary X selection? eg: %P

That way I can use

bash -c "nso http://localhost/lxr/ident?i=%P"

which is slightly less ugly.

Also, does the middle button do anything in KFM?