List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: konqueror architecture [was: KGet imported to the CVS]
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-02-15 11:13:04

rupert THURNER wrote:

> ad parsing the html-source, and parts:
>
> recently, i fell over a book from simon st. laurent (xml: a primer),
> where he describes also how browsers could broken down into parts
> (for some details you may want to look at
> http://edusrv.edu.uni-klu.ac.at/~rthurner/kdearch/), and it seems
> to me kfm has such an architecture. but what i'm unclear of is
> parsing source documents (be it html, or xml). how this is
> currently handled in kfm/konqueror/koffice?
>
> rupert.

HTML is parsed by khtml in kdelibs. (khtmlw is an old version still
in use for KDE 1.1) Please look at kdelibs/khtml/DESIGN for details
about it. If you have questions left, feel free to ask.

We don't do XML yet. For this we first will need CSS/1 and possibly
CSS/2. Which might or might not be done for KDE 2.0.

Cheers,
Waldo Bastian
bastian@kde.org
http://www.kde.org