List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: 1.1 kioslave (HTTP redirection) bug ?
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-02-15 10:10:19

David Faure wrote:
> Evidence : code from kdebase/kioslave/http/http.cc (line 419) :
>
>  else if ( strncmp( buffer, "Location: ", 10 ) == 0 )
>     {
>       http_close();
>       K2URL u( _url, buffer + 10 );
>       string url = u.url();
>       redirection( url.c_str() );
>       return http_open( u, _post_data, _post_data_size, _reload, _offset );
>     }

The problem is that for http, redirection should not be handled by
the ioslave, but by the requester. The requester is the one who
suplies the cookie. If you get a redirection, you have to lookup
a new cookie. So the redirection has to go back via KFM.

I suggest adding a FLAG to the redirection signal, indicating whether
the redirection is already handled by the client, or whether the
requester should re-emit the (redirected) request again.

The above (new) code seems to handle the redirection itself and
does appearantly not expect from KFM that it sends a new
request.

Is everyone working on the kioslaves subscribed to this list?

Cheers,
Waldo