List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: konqueror issues
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-02-11 23:58:29

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, David Faure wrote:
>On Thu, Feb 11, 1999 at 02:37:54PM +0100, Matthias Welk wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, David Faure wrote:
>> >Only issue is about trees : are they just another view in tree mode, or are
>> >they opened as 'the tree for view X', so that it follows the navigation in
>> >view X ?
>> Good question. I didnīt thought about that :-)
>
>Wow, when saying this, I was completely unaware about the new tree view in
>konqueror ! Check it out : it displays files as well as directories. No
>real need for a tree view to follow navigation in another view !
>Excellent work, whoever did that ! (Torben, I think ?)
>
>If nobody is making big changes right now, I'm going to do the ViewProps
>stuff. Speak now and loud if you're already working on konqueror !

<speaking loud?> ;-))
I'm working on the OpenParts interface of konqueror. I think about 80%
is done, as far as I remember the following things are missing:
 - url completion in the location bar (I'm currently thinking about a nice
    solution in conjuction with the openparts design)
- the "new menu" (I expect it to be done tomorrow or so)
- the bookmarks (...same as the new menu -> hopefully done tomorrow)
- saving/restoring(?) the *bar positions (in conjunction with KfmGuiProps)
- some general bugfixes when quitting konqueror

As soon as everything is finished I'll removed the old code which is currently
commented out, ok?
</speaking loud>

I hope the new openparts compliant kfmgui works fine for everyone out there.
(try embedding konqueror in koshell, it's kind of fun :-)

Bye,
 Simon

--
Simon Hausmann - Tronical^Colorfast - <tronical@gmx.net> - IRCNet #colorfast

Life's not fair. But the root password helps. :-)