List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: konqueror issues
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () insa-lyon ! fr>
Date:       1999-02-11 13:15:40

On Thu, Feb 11, 1999 at 01:25:19PM +0100, Michael Reiher wrote:
> David Faure wrote:
> >
> > Oh, I know : a KfmHTMLProps class :)
> > There would be only two instances : one for FileManager mode,
> > and one for HTML mode. KfmView would use the right one depending on
> > the mode.
> >
> > I hope you won't flame me because I suggest too many classes :)
> >
> > The 'local' (or per-URL) properties in kfm II was a pain, and I think
> > the way to handle it correctly is by storing the properties in a class.
> >
> > I'll do that if you all agree...
> I would also vote for dropping the per-URL settings.
This is not what I said ! I was only speaking about a different
to handle per-URL settings... Sorry if I wasn't clear.

One still would like that a given URL is shown with small icons,
another one with dot files, ...

Session management only takes care of opened windows, not of
URLs you often go to and like some settings for.

> Btw: I think two views are enough. If it is split up in letīs say four
> views you need a large screen to make them useful. But if you have a
> large screen anyway you can just open another kfm, ehh
> sorry...konqueror:), window.
I know some users that don't agree... For a cleaner desktop, they
prefer multiple windows (or views) inside the application instead of
separate windows.

> The only thing I thought of was always having a _complete_ tree in a
> third leftmost view.
!!! Which is why I think it should be possible to have anything anywhere !
Otherwise we'll never agree on the views position, and users will never
have what they want !

Come on, let's make it _really_ generic, with as many views as the user
wants to.
Only issue is about trees : are they just another view in tree mode, or are
they opened as 'the tree for view X', so that it follows the navigation in
view X ?

|  David FAURE                                                       |
|  E-mail : David.Faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org                  |
|  http://www.insa-lyon.fr/People/AEDI/dfaure/index.html             |