List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Problems with Select/Select All command in kfm ...
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-01-28 14:41:45

Waldo Bastian wrote:

> Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> >
> > Neither the "Select - CTRL-S" nor the "Select All   CRTL-A" commands
> > work when kfm is in HTML mode ( browsing a web page).  No matter what
> > I did to fix this, the only thing that will get selected is all the hyperlinks
> > on the page.  Here is the final changes I tried
>
> Ai. It could very well be that be the HTML-widget doesn't
> handle select-all right. Can you have a look on a not too small
> html-page what happens if you do select-all and then do a
> page-down? Does it show up as selected then?
> If so it is a KHTML bug.
>
> Cheers,
> Waldo

Same thing.  In fact, before I made the minor changes neither function worked at
all.  It works fine if you using kfm as a file manager.  Also, I have looked at the
documentation for the "select (...)" member function in KHTMLView which states that
invoking this method with the given QRegExp allows you to select the text expressed
by it.  On a side note, if you use the "Find in Page ..." command the selection
feature works based on what you want to find.  I tried to you the same member
function "findTextBegin()", "findTextNext (...) and "findTextEnd()" to see if I can
fool it to make the required selection, no luck.  It still refuses to select the
whole thing and only highlights all the hyperlinks in the page.