List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: KFM
From:       Sven Radej <sven () lisa ! exp ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       1999-01-27 13:00:29

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, David Faure wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 27, 1999 at 11:54:29AM +0100, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > Admin wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi, This is serious; If user logs in as root, kfm doesn't recognise it \
> > > automatically; that means that root doesn't get distinct Edit local/global \
> > > mime/apps
> > > Root can edit only global mimetypes and not his own. Besides it looks confusing \
> > > for most confused-enough roots.
> > > It worked before; now I have to add -s switch to kfm to do that.
> > > --
> > > sven
> >
> > I think that users who run KFM as root have a serious (security)
> > problem anyway.
> >
> > Which doesn't mean that this shouldn't be fixed.
>
> Sven, the above behaviour is what you intended, if I remember well ?
> Do you think it's ok like this or is there something to change ?

Yes unless I am root; Root has/should have
Edit:
Mime Types
Applications
------------
Global Mime Types
Global Applications

It works if you start kfm with -s; But I remember that kfm checked who is
user and set a root-flag if user is root. But now if you login as root and
do not have explicite kfm -s flag in your .xsession, kfm will treat you as
normal user.

The way it is now, root cannot acces his local mime/apps, since he
has write permissions to global items.
--
sven