List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: old html cache bug -> kfm segfaults
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-01-27 8:50:02

David Faure wrote:

> Found it !
> Below are explanations of how I found it, and what was the reason.

*wow* I call that great debugging :)

I actually thought of the possibility that the jobs in the list
were destroyed in the meantime, but I dismissed this idea since
in your gdb-trace you succesfully called one of the jobs and got
a reasonable response back. Now, I have learned that this doesn't
mean that it is actually still allocated :]

It is quite difficult though, to find out in gdb if an object
is indeed still active or if it has been destroyed in the mean-time.
Would be nice if the compiler could help us a bit there.
Something like a --mark-deleted-objects flag.

Cheers,
Waldo
http://www.kde.org