List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: kfm 1.159
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-01-26 9:41:11

Martin Spirk wrote:

> Hello
>
> I don't know if you are interesting in my reports,

Yes, of course! Only with feedback of users we can continue
to improve things.

> [Some bad looking pages]

We will look into it.

> I also don't know how to connect to some restricted pages. I have some
> acount on www.informix.com/idn-secure. Netscape asks me for login and
> password, kfm simply say that cannot read this page. I tried to add my
> login name to kfm's user agent,
> (www.informix.com/idn-secure:jachym@kla.pvt.cz), but the result is
> the same.

Is it a secure page? E.g. does netscape show the 'lock' in the
bottom-left corner closed? Does the URL start with http or with
https? Unfortunately KFM does not support secure connections
at the moment. (It is on our very long todo list though :)

> Anyway kfm is already very nice browser. Thank you for all work on it
> and for all KDE.

You're welcome.

> I have one wish for some next version, I would like if simple clicking
> on some gif or jpg url wouldn't open some external viewer but to
> display it kfm itself.

This is also on the TODO list.

Cheers
Waldo