List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    [Fwd: kfm 1.159]
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-01-26 9:33:17

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: kfm 1.159
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:02:49 +0100
From: Martin Spirk <spirk@kla.pvt.cz>
To: Waldo Bastian <bastian@ens.ascom.ch>

Hello

I don't know if you are interesting in my reports, but kfm looks better
and
better so I would like to use only this. I wrote you already abou
problems with
cache handling, I don't know if something was changed in it but now it
seems
that this works better.
Now I have another problem, it is not so important, but on some pages
don't
look too good. Look for example at www.informix.com, the page is
readable but
is wider than window (because of editbox for search), although when I
see this
with netscape it looks OK. This is similar on more pages.
Another badly displayed page is pes.eunet.cz, this is the Czech page but
I hope
that you will see the problem well even if you don't have czech fonts
installed. The displayed page is three times wider than window and the
text is
divided into three columns. On netscape is everything in one column.

I also don't know how to connect to some restricted pages. I have some
acount
on www.informix.com/idn-secure. Netscape asks me for login and password,
kfm
simply say that cannot read this page. I tried to add my login name to
kfm's
user agent, (www.informix.com/idn-secure:jachym@kla.pvt.cz), but the
result is
the same.

Anyway kfm is already very nice browser. Thank you for all work on it
and for
all KDE.

			Martin

I have one wish for some next version, I would like if simple clicking
on some
gif or jpg url wouldn't open some external viewer but to display it kfm
itself.
First it would be faster, because I don't have to wait for opening new
application, second it would use cache when I look at some picture more
times.
The offer of external viewers on right mouse button is good, but default
for
picture showin should be kfm.
Maybe it's only my opinion, than forget it, if somebody else think it
too, than
try to think about it. Thank you.