List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: khtmlw problem : #350 : missing entry fields
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-01-25 14:23:24

Lars Knoll wrote:
> This yes. One problem might be, that they use the following construts for
> defining the form:
> <form ...><input type=hidden>
>
> So the form element is not part of any table row or column. I thought
> khtmlw did handle this now, but maybe there is still some sort of
> problem. If khtmlw ignores the form tag, it'll also ignore all
> following input tags (since the actual form will be equal to 0 then).

I think khtml handles it (you will know better) but I don't think
khtmlw will. We had a bugreport some time ago from someone who
only closed table rows but did not open them. I haven't fixed that
because it is obviously bad html.

This bugreport is actually not much different. If yahoo wishes to
use invalid HTML they are on their own. The HTML 4.0 DTD does not
allow a form-tag instead of a TR tag and the TR start-tag is mandatory.

Better ask them to fix their HTML. IMHO you can close the bug-report.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
"Dear EGCS developers, would you please fix this bug?
 I know that the code I try to compile is not valid C,