List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Forms Error
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () ens ! ascom ! ch>
Date:       1999-01-22 9:51:23

David Faure wrote:

> > Try to vote at http://www.zdnet.com/anchordesk/story/story_3012.html
> > (and *don't* pick "cool", it just might work :-) ) or at
> > http://cgi.zdnet.com/zdpoll/savevote.html; I get a server error using
> > kfm from yesterday.

It could be that 'input type=hidden' is not supported. I wanted to test
this but I am using khtml and forms in khtml don't really work. (And by
the time my back/forward-history was broken).

> > Here is the latter form:

> > When I try to "View Frame Source" or "View Document Source" kedit starts
> > with the error "You have specified a directory" -- actually it says you
> > have "specificated" a directory.
> Looks like a kedit bug. You could forward to the kedit author.

This is a design problem. The page is the result of a POST action, KFM
only
passes a URL to kedit (which then gets passed back to KFM). kedit has
not
enough information (e.g. the POST data) to request the page as currently
shown by KFM.

> > Also, not sure why the "View Frame
> > Source" option is enabled when the page has no frames . . . ?
> :) because nobody made the check about this :))
> Waldo or Lars, is there an easy way to know whether we're currently
> displaying more than one frame ?

Euhm... maybe. I am not really familair with the way frames are handled.

> > Netscape has no problems, either posting the vote or viewing the source.
> Yes, but Netscape isn't a file manager as well :)))))
> (don't mind, it's late...)

Netscape (4.5) eats up 61Mb (On my SparcStation with 128Mb) and takes
occasionaly
40% CPU time doing nothing noticable. But that is, of course, no reason
not
to look at the things it does right.

Cheers,
Waldo