Andreas Pour wrote: > > Oops, I read so much of English that I don't realize it !! > > The URL is the right one. I just didn't notice it was in English.... ! > > > > I have lots of blackboxes in the text itself > > (e.g. the first one is between "Kilston" and "an undergraduate", > > there is a big one after 'to do about it?", two around "hyperspace", ... > > ) > > No idea what can cause this... > > This relates back to a "bug" report I made on khtmlw a few days ago. While not > standard ISO-8859-1, Netscape supports the following special codes: > > ‘ ' (left single quote) > ’: ' (right single quote) > “: " (left double quote) > ” " (right double quote) > — - (dash) > > The one that is quite common is 146, and I wish khtmlw supported that one at least . > . . the other ones are rarely used AFAIK. The story you pointed to uses all these > codes liberally. That should be changed in the character-set support in kdelibs then I suppose. If I am correctly from the koffice list these are "typograhpical quotes" (?). The problem is that the X-fonts don't support them. For HTML it would be reasonable to translate them to their non-typographical counter-parts... e.g " and '. I am not sure if this breaks other programs using the character stuff, most notably koffice. Cheers, Waldo -- KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today http://www.kde.org