David Faure wrote: > > On Wed, Jan 20, 1999 at 12:38:22PM +0100, Michael Reiher wrote: > > David Faure wrote: > > > > > > > -- Some logfiles are shown with the JAVA-coffe-cup-icon. Strange. > > > Not here. Anybody experiencing this ? > > The mime type detection appears often a little bit strange to me if a > > file has no known ending(e.g. *.cpp, *.gif,...). A file containing text > > is sometimes recognized as a textfile and sometimes you have to rename > > it to *.txt or someting like that. In sometimes it's enough to save a > > file again to make kfm not recognize it as a textfile anymore. > PLease, when such things happen, try the command > file -m $KDEDIR/mimetypes/magic myfile.txt > and log the results. > We could determine this way if the problem comes from the magic file > (it probably does, when the file doesn't have an extension). Ok I did a little bit testing and tracked down the problem. The files aren't recognized as textfiles any more if they contain german umlauts. hmm... wait a minute...yes, it seems that the problem are 128bit characters. The file... command always recognizes either ascii or international language text. If I find some time I will take a closer look into it, but I have unfortunately very few right now, because I have exams soon. Michael -- Michael Reiher Student at Dresden University of Technology Department of Computer Science email: michael.reiher@gmx.de