List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: HTML view bug
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-01-21 17:23:13

David,

I have one that is closely related here and I do not know if it is fixed as
well.  I did not get a chance to apply yesterday's patch yet.  Here is the
rundown

1.)  Click on any HTML file in kfm to view it first.
2.)  Do Edit->View Document Source  to edit it and add a couple of ( or any
number of ) CR's (carriage returns)
3.)  Save the file and click on it again to view it in kfm.

This problem is reproducible with any HTML file in ANY view mode.  So I took
your suggestion and tested to see if the problem is with kfm or the magic file
and
here is what I got.

BEFORE MODIFICATION ( Addition of Carriage return) :
file -m $/opt/kde/share/mimelnk/magic /usr/lib/qt/html/coordsys.html
RESULTS:
/usr/lib/qt/html/coordsys.html : text/html

AFTER MODIFICATION:
file -m $/opt/kde/share/mimelnk/magic /usr/lib/qt/html/coordsys.html
RESULTS:
/usr/lib/qt/html/coordsys.html : International language text

What is puzzling to me is that this does not happen if the html page is
remotely retrieved, but sure happens if it is a local file.  By this I
mean if you click on a link to view a web page in kfm with the above mentioned
flaw it is opened and rendered correctly as html file by kfm, not so if the file

is local and you click on it.  I think this is a tell tell sign that the problem

emanates from the magic file than kfm.

Dawit A.