List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Kioslave big patch
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () insa-lyon ! fr>
Date:       1999-01-19 9:06:16

> > BTW, is testing [0]!='\0' equivalent to testing !isEmpty() ?
> > (I think so...)
> I think it is. isNull tests if QString's data isn't initialized.
Yup, I'll use isEmpty.

> > There is a problem when parent directories are not in the tar file (which
> > is very common).
> I didn't know that :-(
>
> > They have to be emulated somehow, because otherwise the tar.gz contents
> > appear empty.
>
> after striping dirpath from entry that's just read from tar, OpenDir
> looks for usr/'\0'
>
> You could take first usr/ and discard all other usr/a, usr/b...

I fixed this already.
The big commit (with your changes and mine) to come later this morning. (Do
I need the four-eyes procedure on this ? tar was broken anyway !)

|  David FAURE                                                       |
|  E-mail : David.Faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org                  |
|  http://www.insa-lyon.fr/People/AEDI/dfaure/index.html             |