List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: Re: Fwd: kfm 1.143]
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () insa-lyon ! fr>
Date:       1999-01-15 10:56:48

The subject has been debated before ; here is what Lars Knoll told me about
it :
I know about the problem, but I didn't find a fix for it. Either animated
gifs
with transparent parts are broken, or the kde wheel flickers. I think

that QMovie has some problems with transparent animated gif's. Anyway,

I fiddled around with this for hours, and didn't find a solution. In the
end, I
was happy to have (most) animated gifs working, and I thought it's better
have some flicker in some gifs, than many not working at all.

But I agree, that we'll have to find a fix for that in the long run.

Regards

Lars

On Fri, Jan 15, 1999 at 11:41:10AM +0100, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> For quite some time now people report that sometimes animated GIFs
> aren't
> shown correctly. I sometimes notice it too. It seems/someone said that
> it
> was because the transparancy map wasn't calculated right (?). Can you
> confirm this? Will this be fixed in future versions of Qt?
>
> Note that I'm NOT referring to the problem with current versions of
> khtml
> (not khtmlw which is part of 1.1) which show the transparant part of
> transparent images filled with garbage.
>
> It isn't very important or such, but I just want to know what I can tell
> people who mention it.
>
> Cheers,
> Waldo

|  David FAURE                                                       |
|  E-mail : David.Faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org                  |
|  http://www.insa-lyon.fr/People/AEDI/dfaure/index.html             |