List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: What Torben is doing ...
From:       Sven Radej <a9509961 () unet ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       1997-08-04 20:38:15

At 07:01 PM 4/8/1997 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I just implemented selecting of root icons.
>I will commit this soon, so Matthias ( HELLO!! ) can communicate
>with KFM ( well, not Matthias, his KWM! ) to select root icons
>by drawing a rectangle.

I cannot wait to see that.

>In addition I created a stand alone IO Server. It uses
>kioslave and parts of KFM code and some new code.
>
>Some KFM in the future will just be a GUI on this mighty
>server process. So for example kghostview does not need
>a running KFM to do its Internet IO.

Well, well, well... The time has come for me to say "Aha! That's what I've
been telling ya all the time!"  I just think that this KioServer should also
draw icons on root. Ok, not him, but kwm or something else should do it. But
not KFM itself. We can spare memory if we don't have kfm (linked to khtmlw)
active all the time.
--
Sven