weis@stud.uni-frankfurt.de wrote: > > Hi, > > A rewrite of KURL is needed anyway. Stefan ( the other one ) > wants to write a new IO Subsystem that can handle tars on ftp > for example and stuff like that. While doing this we can > try to do the encode/decode stuff as mentioned below. > > Since encode/decode moves into KURL, every app should work > find then. > > But some problems are hard to solve. For example > > file:/root may be a URL or it may be a directory file: in the > current directory. This is not decideable => We assume a URL. > If someone has such stupid filenames, he wants trouble. > This one is definitly an URL, if the user has such files, he can use ./file:/root, $HOME/file:/root or even file://$HOME/file%3A/root. So, he has that many possibilities to describe the file he needs, that he wouldn't mind. BTW: lynx couldn't handle my tests too :-) Greets, Stephan