List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: New Toolbar!
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () itm ! mu-luebeck ! de>
Date:       1997-07-12 12:12:45

> Hi,
>
> I aded many features to ktoolbar. Now it can have kbuttons, KLineds
> (derived from QLineEditor, with ctrl-s and ctrl-d signals according to
> Torben's fileentry.cpp) KCombos (derived from QComboBox, with ctrl-s and
> crel-d signals), floating is supported.
> Furthermore, it can have right-aligned items, auto-resized KCombo or
> KLined. Autoresized means that KLined or KCombo can be resized to fill
> whole toolbar till right aligned items (if any).
> Floating toolbar is supported too.
>
> It requires: KLined anf KCombo class and slightly changed
> KTopLevelWidget. Interface to KTopLevelWidget is not changed, so it is
> source-compatible to old versions. KLined and KCombo classes are in
> distribution.
>
> I have few questions/demands:
>
> Martin:
>
> I would like to have write access to kde-devel mailing list
> ("Sven Radej <a9509961@unet.univie.ac.at>")
>
> Kalle:
>
> I think that this toolbar should have an testing period before included
> in kdeui. When it will be included it should go i kdelibs-devel. Should
> I add old interface? New toolbar has functions insertButtons,
> insertLined, insertCombo; should I add insertItem which would do what
> insertButton does? That way new and old KTollbar would be source code
> comatible. Perhaps developers can use it source of new KTollbar in the
> beginning.
>
> Torben:
>
> I think that right aligned buttons are RightThing for you (logo!). Also
> the autosized KLinedit (QLineEditor with ctrl-s and ctrl-d signals).
>
> Others:
>
> New KtoolBar assumes new KTopLevelWidget for its father. You can
> subclass new KTopLevelWidget if you want as long as you call
> KTopLevelWidget::updateRects from your resizeEvent ().
>
> Questions:
>
> Should floating toolbar be allways on top?
>
> Who is author of KToolBar / KTopLevelWidget? Is it ok if I upload it
> tomorow (or day after) to ftp.kde.org? Or should I sent it to author?
I'm afraid, I'm to blame for KTopLevelWidget and KToolbar. But it has changed
very much since then, so feel free to contribute your changes.
If a comment is allowed to the above question to Kalle: Please replace insert-
item by a function that warns about "insertItem is obsolute" and then calls
insertButton.

Greets, Stephan

--
Stephan Kulow (coolo@kde.org)         We didn't start the fire