List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: files with #
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () itm ! mu-luebeck ! de>
Date:       1997-07-09 15:47:27

Torben wrote:

> There are more characters that could make trouble ( README of kfm-0.8.1 ).
>
> So I wanted to use something different. KFM encodes URLs ( like
> CGI does ). Only when displaying URLs or if KIOSlave has to do real
> file operations, the URL becomes decoded.
>
> You may apply your patch now, but it is not the final solution
> I want to see. The other one is a bit of hard work, so it might
> take me some time to do it.
>
> Right now KFM-0.8.1 just ignores those files at most places.
I know, that what I've done, isn't the best too, but for now, the files
with "#" are no longer hidden.
I've droped KDEDIR in the sources while I'm at this. I've replaced it
by kapp->kdedir(), which is infact the same, but returns the right
place,
if $KDEDIR is NULL.
I've included some Solaris patches too in the patch I've uploaded.

I've decided not to patch kurl, instead I've removed the hiding of files
with '#' in it and added code like:
        QString myfn = u.path();
        if (strlen(u.reference() ) > 1) {
            myfn += QString("#");
            myfn += QString(u.reference());
        };
to find out the right filename. I've tested it with most possibilities,
where a '#' can stand in a filename and it worked for me.

Greets, Stephan

--
Stephan Kulow (coolo@kde.org)
Student der Informatik (NF: MedizinInformatik)