List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: khtmlw-0.7.9
From:       Stefan Taferner <taferner () alpin ! or ! at>
Date:       1997-06-25 15:15:06

At 21:12 25.06.97 +1000, Martin wrote:
> Added printing capability - just call HTMLView::print()
> There are still some unresolved printing issues:
>  * should the background be printed?

No. Many pages have a background that has some sort of marmor effect or
something like that. It won´t increase readability.
Or think of the pages that have a dark background (black/blue).

>  * should all text be printed black?

Yes if no background is printed. Otherwise the text should be printed in
the actual color.

However, keep in mind that most color pages may not look good on
b/w printers.

>  * should highlighted text be printed highlighted?

Highlighted? Do you mean text with a different color or one with a different
font?

>  * do we want to print headers/footers?

If the html widget is the main source for printer output in the future then
probably yes. Does the HTML definition contain headers/footers at the
moment?

Ah, I think now I understand your questions (after writing this).
In the case that the HTML widget shall be used as main source for output
it may make sense to print background as you suggested.

Hope my input helped,
Stefan