List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-baseapps] dolphin/src/panels/places: Translate bookmark text on update.
From:       Frank Reininghaus <frank78ac () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2014-04-07 15:36:27

Hi,

sorry for the late response!

> Hi,
>

> thanks for your feedback!
>

>> Please note that code
>> contributions to Dolphin are usually peer-reviewed at
>> https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/
>

> Okay, I'll respect this in future of course.
>

>> 1. If this is supposed to fix a problem, why did you push it to master
>> only?
>

> My fail. This patch, if this is the right way to fix the problem, could
> also be pushed to other branches.
>

>> 2. Could you describe the problem which this commit is supposed to fix?
>

> Environment: KDE with german locales (I suppose all other locales are also
> affected).
>
> Problem: If you start many instances of dolphin the same time and end one of
> them,
> the list of bookmarks in the places panel will become english in all other
> running
> dolphin instances.

Ah, good catch! I'm pretty sure that this problem has not been reported before.

>> 3. I do not understand why you added a call to
>> "item->setText(i18nc(...))" after the setBookmark call, instead of
>> fixing the setText call inside the function
>

> Yes, you're right! This was a working and fast solution satisfied
> my customer.
>
> So, fixing setText() in placesitem.cpp is the correct approach to fix the
> problem?

It looks cleaner to me. Leaving the wrong call in that function and
then overwriting the incorrect value somewhere else looks a bit more
cumbersome.

> I'll have a deeper look at the code within the next few days and going to
> create
> a new patch with respect to git.reviewboard.kde.org.

Thanks! It would be cool if you could test if my suggestion works for you.

It would also be good if a bug could be filed at bugs.kde.org, which
could then be closed with the next commit.

Thanks for your help and best regards,
Frank