Vishesh HandaOn Monday 16 December 2013 11:46:20 wrote: > Hey guys > > In case you haven't heard about Baloo, please read [1] > > Baloo offers a much faster and reliable file search than Nepomuk ever has. > Additionally, it doesn't require a process to be running all the time. So, > Dolphin queries will work even if Baloo has not started up. > > Since Nepomuk is effectively in maintenance mode, perhaps we could migrate > Dolphin away from Nepomuk. Currently, Nepomuk is a compile time switch, so > the code can easily be replaced with Baloo. > > Opinions? Hey guys Baloo is now a part of KDE SC. I'd like to merge the feature/baloo branch in kde-baseapps. It mostly works right now, though it can definitely use more testing. Could someone maybe review the code? Here is what currently does not work - 1. Date Time filtering when searching via Dolphin - I still haven't figured out a nice API for this. 2. Tagging Multiple files - It works in the most basic case, but there is still an odd case where it fails. I'm working on it. 3. Support for file systems which do not support xattr. -- Vishesh Handa