On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 3:43 PM, Mark <markg85@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 10:42 AM, Todd <toddrjen@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sep 18, 2013 11:51 PM, "David Faure" <faure@kde.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 17 September 2013 13:58:25 Todd wrote:
> > Do we need the UID and GID?  Can we just store whether the file is
> > readable, writable, and executable? That would be three bools rather than
> > two ints.
>
> See the property dialog, this info appears there for instance.
> I assume it can also be shown as an extra column in dolphin?
> Use lxr.kde.org to find all other users, if any.
>
> If it's just the props dialog then we could imagine returning that in stat and
> not in listDir though. And then stating from the props dialog (it currently
> gets it from the directory listing, when created with a kfileitem from there).

Yes, it can be shown in the file properties and info panel, but those aren't needed during the directory loading.   It can also be shown in details view and below the file in icon view, but that can be lazy loaded.

In terms of low-level stuff needed during directory loading, I think the permissions should be enough.

I'm not sure, but the device id is an int right now, right? In that case i doubt that a device id will ever be as big as an int: 2147483647
Can't we just steal 3 bits there and use it for read, write and executable?

-- i haven't looked anything up in this area! --

Question.
If i set details to 0 i'm welcomed by a "UDSEntry::UDS_LINK_DEST" that always seems to be: "Dummy Link Target".
When i don't set details (which means details is 2) then i don't have a "UDSEntry::UDS_LINK_DEST" at all. That leads me to think that this UDS_LINK_DEST might not be needed. Can i safely remove the "UDSEntry::UDS_LINK_DEST" from the details == 0 code path?

Patch is here: http://paste.kde.org/pad68d0af/