List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Old Flash? Go upgrade! - New problem with konqueror
From:       "Maksim Orlovich" <mo85 () cornell ! edu>
Date:       2010-04-19 15:35:27

> With some hacking, I indeed get youtube working.

Could you elaborate on what exactly you had to do? I am a bit lost here.

> passing docbase is problematic though.

Firefox doesn't seem to, yep. Probably need to avoid completeUrl somewhere
in khtmlpart (plus hack nspluginloader to work with this). Can't test out
whether empty URL works the same as null, though --- either FF or DiamondX
crashes on me.

> The test case works now fine too (had added setAttribute for
> width/height/src).

As above --- what exactly did you need to change, and why?

> KHTML also seems to forget calling closeUrl in the test case
> 'body.removeChild(flash);'.

closeUrl, or destroying the plugin instance entirely, I wonder?
Anyway, I looked at html5, and it doesn't specify this behavior,
though it does suggest that the state of plugin should be re-evaluated
when the <object> is removed from document. Probably an oversight in
the spec --- testing firefox with DiamondX, it does destroy the plugin.

> On youtube, I hear old flash audio through the newly opened page. This
> is unrelated to this patch.

But quite possibly to the above closeUrl problem, correct?

> Heard that yesterday already for some
> youtube links that still worked (eg. http://www.youtube.com/vpro still
> works w/o this patch)

Do you have a good way of reproducing it? If so, I can post a patch to
destroy the plugin on removal from document. Should be simple.

> I've build kdelibs/4.4 branch and copied libkhtml.so over the debian
> version. Had a few crashes where it other times went just fine:
>
> #0  0x00007ffff77cef45 in *__GI_raise (sig=<value optimized out>)
>     at ../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/raise.c:64
> #1  0x00007ffff77d1d80 in *__GI_abort () at abort.c:88
> #2  0x00007ffff77c808a in *__GI___assert_fail (
>     assertion=0x7fffe82321d6 "!minMaxKnown()", file=<value optimized out>,
>     line=77,
>     function=0x7fffe8236180 "virtual void
> khtml::RenderReplaced::calcMinMaxWidth()") at assert.c:78
> #3  0x00007fffe7fff8d8 in khtml::RenderReplaced::calcMinMaxWidth
> (this=0xc71f68)
>     at
> /home/koos/doc/projects/kde-svn/kde/branches/KDE/4.4/kdelibs/khtml/rendering/render_replaced.cpp:77

This one should be fixed in more recent versions, if my memory serves me
right.

Thanks,
Maks