List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Old Flash? Go upgrade! - New problem with konqueror
From:       Konrad Rzepecki <hannibal () astral ! lodz ! pl>
Date:       2010-04-15 15:19:26

   Hi

Some days ago appear new problem with youtube. Each time konqueror try to play
movie, message "Old Flash? Go upgrade!" is showed, and movie play is stopped.

Of course I have newest flash player plugin (basic dig into yt code shows that
8.0 is enough tough). I have tested it on 3 computers with 2 different konq
versions (4.4.2 and 4.3.5). Deeply analyzing of yt code is a horror, but
hopefully someone did this before.

Take a look here:
https://rentzsch.lighthouseapp.com/projects/24342/tickets/517

It seems that yt fetch flash version by directly calling plugins public
functions, which should be should be available trough js in DOM object of
<object>.

Testcase form this page (
https://rentzsch.lighthouseapp.com/projects/24342/tickets/517/a/421263/yt-
flash-version.html ) shows that konqueror didn't support this feature or it is
buggy.

Better this features are visible i.e. here (flash movie, javascript
controller): http://www.permadi.com/tutorial/flashjscommand/

I should fill bug report in bugzilla, but I have no idea what part of KDE is a
problem, khtml, kjs, nspluginviewer or all of them.

I can investigate this little more, or even write some code, but I have no
idea where I should start search appropriate code connected with this
(nspluginviewr implementation of functions connected with this (NPN_Invoke ?);
kjs and khtml object <object> extra methods an properties)

--
  Konrad Rzepecki (Hannibal)